“Promoting Knowledge about Irish Agriculture and Rural Communities”
We are looking for photos under the theme “Promoting knowledge about Irish agriculture and rural communities” taken by AESI members to be displayed on the AESI website.
If you have a suitable picture, please email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15 March 2022.
We will display the top three pictures (and possibly more) including their description and the name of the photographer on the AESI website.
Prizes: 1st prize: €300 gift voucher; 2nd and 3rd prize: €100 gift voucher
Photograph Evaluation (judged by a panel)
- Uniqueness in relation to the theme
- Clarity of image, as well as creativity and originality
- Ability to communicate an impactful message
Submission of Photographs
Each photo submission (one per entry) must include the following:
- A caption for the photo
- A short description putting the image into context (max 60 words)
- The entry email must contain the full name, confirmation that the participant is at least 18 years, and contact details
- Images must be in digital format (e.g. from mobile phone or camera). The preferred image format is JPG/ JPEG or TIFF. Hard copy images, slides, prints etc. will not be eligible.
- Images may be colour or black and white images. Landscape orientation is strongly preferred.
- Entrants must ensure that photographs of people have been taken with the written permission of the persons (or where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian), which must be included with the submission
- Applicants should submit the highest available resolution version of their image but limited to 10 MB in size. The image size should ideally be a minimum of 3,500 x 2,500 pixels (with a file size of 1MB or larger) in order to be eligible.
Terms and Conditions
By entering this competition, entrants are indicating their agreement to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- The promoter is the Agricultural Economics Society of Ireland (AESI)
- The competition is not open to professional photographers
- The competition is open to residents of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Depending on the level of competition entry, AESI may display a selection of eligible competition photos on the AESI website including the short description.
- The AESI reserves the right not to publish or exhibit submitted images
- The competition will be judged by an AESI selected panel and the judges’ decision is final
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Entrants to this photo competition grant the AESI (and AESI members) the further rights to publish and exhibit their photograph(s) in print, on their website or in any other media source as part of their work related to the objectives of the society in perpetuity
- No fees will be paid for any of the above uses.
- While every effort will be made to credit photographers, including in printed reproduction of their work, we cannot guarantee the every such use of photos will include the photographers’ names
- Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Irish data protection legislation
- Photo entry must be the entrant’s original work, must not be copied and must not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any other third party, regardless of country of residence
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to clear all aspects of copyright prior to submission
- The AESI reserves the right to disqualify from the competition any entry that infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property rights of third parties and will not be responsible or in any way be liable for any violations of copyright or any other unauthorized use of photos
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
We are looking for more pictures for our new website. We will have a photo competition in January. Details to follow soon.